10/2002 • Present
• Graphic Designer and Illustrator on various projects for a multitude of clients
including working as the primary graphic artist for Schaeffler Group Incorporated,
completing various print projects and promotional materials for the human resources
department and designing and producing quarterly the corporate magazine ‘Schaeffler Link’. I Also designed and briefly maintained the official website for the NC Air National Guard Alumni Association.
6/98 • 10/2002
Cato Corporation, Charlotte, NC • 704.557.7554
• Responsible for the design and preparation of artwork for advertisements, sales promotion materials, direct mail, credit solicitations, signage, window banners and the internet.
• Coordinated supervised and directed photo shoots with outside agencies that resulted in good quality, cost effective ad materials.
• Worked with the production manager to produce new and innovative formats and/or materials within budgetary guidelines.
• Designed banner ads, jump pages and Flash movie's for the company website.
• Selected, prepared and updated photos and graphics for the company website.
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
1/95 • 6/98
Burke Communications, Charlotte, NC • 704.333.9693
• Art Director on various projects coordinating with photographers, service bureaus, printers and clients.
• Responsible for the design of graphics for printed material including advertisements, magazine covers, brochures, videocassette packages, etc.
• Illustrator on various projects utilizing graphics software and traditional techniques.
• Produced and designed graphics for corporate and promotional videos.
7/93 • 1/95
Trader Publications, Charlotte, NC • 704.523.4700
• Designed Advertisements or made changes to existing ads utilizing the Macintosh computer and working with sales reps and clients.
• Completed page layout, proofread copy and prepared books for publication.
ILLUSTRATOR / CONCEPTUAL DESIGNER
12/91 • 7/93
Container Graphics Corporation, Pineville, NC • 704.588.7230
• Designer and Illustrator of art for corrugated containers, printed packages, packaging design and P.O.P displays.
1991 - Present • FINE ARTIST exhibiting paintings in regional galleries
1990 - 1992 • FREELANCE ARTIST - including Art Instructor
1979 - 1983 • CARTOONIST/PASTE-UP ARTIST for Globe & Advertiser Newspapers, Fairfax, VA.
ORGANIZATIONS AND AWARDS
2002 • BEST NEW GALLERY, for Sanctuary Art, awarded by the critics poll, Creative Loafing Magazine’s Annual
‘Best of Charlotte’ issue
1998 • BEST LOCAL ARTIST, readers poll, Charlotte’s Best Magazine
1994 • EMERGING ARTIST GRANT, awarded by Arts & Science Council of Charlotte/Mecklenburg County
1986 - 1987 • Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Artist Foundation Program - Studio courses in design, drawing & Art history
1983 - 1985 • Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, West Va. - Graphic Design